It does not matter whether you are a professional designer, artist, or a regular hobbyist, finding the best 3D printer under $1000 should be invaluable. The pricing of these printers has come down drastically over the past few years, and now is the best time for you to go in search of reliable 3D printers more than ever.
The evolution of these devices from bulky expensive units to compact and cheap ones has only transformed the way one might look at a 3D printer. The use of these devices has gone beyond designers, artists, etc., to be a preferred choice even for school students, hobbyists, enthusiasts, and much more.
How To Find Top 3D Printers?
In the current situation, $1000 is a more than adequate budget frame to buy a reliable, high-performance, and solid printer model. There are plenty of cheap and affordable models in the market, thanks to all the Chinese manufacturers. But, at this budget, make sure that you select a model that showcases quality and performance.
There are many user-friendly models from some of the leading brands, which are easy to assemble, operate, maintain, etc., so you’d be able to find a lot of models in your search. To save you some valuable time and money, we are going to give you a list of some of the best 3D printers under $1000 available.
Top 5 Best 3D Printer Under $1000
1. QIDI 3D X-Plus Printer
Qidi Tech X-plus is one of the best 3D printers for all the different features that it delivers. One of the major highlights of this model is the twin extruder setup and this allows the user to work on different materials. One extruder used for printing materials, such as TPU, PLA, and ABS, comes pre-installed with the unit.
Another extruder is also available with the box and this one can be used for printing some advanced materials, which are carbon fiber, PC, Nylon, etc. These two extruders can be interchanged as per user preference. The difference between these two is that one extruder has a maximum printing temperature of 300ºC, whereas the other one has 260ºC.
Just like the extruders, even the printing bedplate can be reversed and used for different printing requirements. The dual z-axis setup ensures that the print bedplate is stable even during oversize printing duties and helps maintain a steady printing performance. The filament can be placed inside or out depending on the printing output required.
The 4.3” touchscreen display control is good, but the response times are slow. The company is offering a one-year warranty and excellent customer support, which is great. On the whole, this is one of the most reliable 3D printers and a perfect choice for entry-level users.
2. Dremel Digilab 3D Printer
Dremel Inc. is one of those brands you’d turn to when you are searching for some of the best DIY tools and accessories. The company has been operating since 1932 and has been a pioneer in home tools, accessories, and attachments. The Digilab 3D20 is an affordable entry-level printer developed mainly for hobbyists, enthusiasts, and upcoming designers.
The 100-micron high-resolution print performance is one of its strong aspects, making it a strong contender in this list of the best 3D printer under $1000. The printing capacity on this particular model is 230X150X140, which is limited compared to some of its competitors.
The unit comes pre-installed, so new users should find it easy to fire up the device. The LCD touchscreen works exceptionally well and the controls are easy to handle. It also comes under the enclosed printer category, which enables the user to achieve great print output, since the temperature is going to be stable inside throughout the process.
The brand’s trademark PLA filament is incorporated, which makes it one of the safest printers, but it is a costlier version so a replacement down the line would cost you a lot. There is no auto bed-leveling feature, which means it must be done manually, and this might be cumbersome for some.
3. FlashForge Creator Pro – Best 3D Printer Under $1000
FlashForge as a brand is focused solely on developing some of the reliable 3D printers, so you can expect top-notch quality and performance from the company’s products. The Creator Pro is one of the bestselling printers in the 3D section of printing devices mainly because of its great value for money proposition.
The metal frame construction gives it durability and strength to handle even some of the complex printing jobs. The build platform is made of aluminum and has excellent heat resistant properties, but the only problem with this is, it takes time and patience to get it leveled from time to time.
Twin extruder setup enables twin color printing, and the fact that even some of the 3rd party extruders are compatible with the unit helps keep the operating costs low. Even the filaments are compatible, so you never have to rely on the brand components for operating the printer. The enclosed chamber is well lit by LED illumination for precise operation.
The LCD helps you monitor the print process and the keypad lets you input all the functions accurately. The noisy operation can be a bit of a concern for some customers. Full brand warranty and excellent customer support are assured by the company.
4. Creality Ender 5 Plus – 3D Printer
Comgrow also specializes in developing premium quality 3D printers, and the Creality Ender 5 plus is designed for large size printing demands. The 350X350X400 mm build area is great for printing oversized graphics. Users who are looking for the best 3D printer under the budget of $1000, for big size printing then certainly consider this unit.
This particular model uses an open design and has a solid cube frame, which is rigid and ensures stability even during large size printing. It is hard to find a large printer that is capable of delivering the immersive 3D quality like this model, which is why it is one of the bestsellers in its category.
The unit also comes pre-installed with auto bed leveling function, which sounds great, but the leveling feature is inconsistent. BL Touch feature, as the company calls it, is unique but it needs improvement to iron out the inconsistencies. Large z-axis ensures stability and quality 3D printing.
The printing bed is large, considering the workload that this machine is intended to handle, but the lack of an efficient power supply is a miss. Although it has few drawbacks, it is certainly one of the best models in this category for large format printing needs.
5. ANYCUBIC Photon S 3D Printer
The Photon S is one of the top 3D printers of this list and one of the bestselling models offered by the brand. This is one of the most affordable 3D printer models available under $1000; in fact, half that price.
You might be amazed by the quality of features that you could get at this price. The model is affordable and offers great value for money, which is one of its main selling aspects. LED lighting offers enough illumination to monitor the printing process.
The touch screen control allows the user to make all the print actions swiftly. The print base material is made of sanded aluminum, which gives it stability and complete control. The twin air filtration mechanism ensures that the interior print space is clear of odor and other smells.
Although assembling the printer is easy, cleaning, in particular, is a time-consuming process. Other highlights include the dual z-axis linear rail and an enhanced UV module. Excellent customer support is also offered by the company, so service and support are guaranteed.
Most of the drawbacks this model possesses can be associated with any of the resin-based 3D printers, which makes it an attractive deal.
In this section, we shall discuss in detail some of the key aspects to evaluate when it comes to finding the best 3D printer under $1000. Finding the right model in the market is always difficult because of the wide range of options available. Considering the following factors should help move your search towards the most reliable models.
- Performance – A $1000 budget for a 3D printer in the current situation is huge, so be sure not to compromise on the print quality, speed, and performance of the print in any way. As we all know, 3D printers are time-consuming devices, so getting the result in the shortest time frame at the best quality possible is the perfect combo you need. Any model that has a high vertical print speed tends to be the quickest of all.
- Print quality – The quality of the 3D prints can be evaluated using the micron printing capability of the model. High-resolution models deliver the best quality of all, which can be seen in the minute 3D models that they print.
- Print material – Some of the models we have discussed above are compatible with most of the 3D print materials. In general, PLA and ABS are the two filaments supported by most of the printers. You can select the model according to your printing requirements.
- Build size – The size of the print build should also be based on your personal or professional 3D printing needs. Check whether the model you have selected supports the print size usually handled by you. It is not recommended to go for a large bed size if you are into small printing jobs mostly, because that will only affect the quality of the 3D prints.
- Safety – This is one of the key factors since the pressure involved in such printers is very high, so proper safety measures have to be followed at all times. If the person handling the printer is a newbie or young, then it is highly recommended to opt for an enclosed 3D printer model. Businesses and professionals can opt for large open 3D printers and ensure safety measures are followed during operation.
- Price – We know that $1000 is the budget around which we have discussed here, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend the full money to get the best printer. So, evaluate the pricing of the models with that of the features on offer too when shortlisting the top ones.
We hope this discussion was valuable for those looking for the best available 3D printer under the $1000 price range. All the above-mentioned models are readily available and are best in the segment, so find your right match and bring it to your home or office.